Tuesday, February 2, 2010

*Striking poses in Kansas City*


*****First off, on January 23 I attended a MACU basketball game in honor of my brother-in-law, Matthew Lindsey.  He was awarded a spot on the "TEAM OF THE DECADE." We were so proud of him. Congratulations, Matt on your wonderful accomplishment as a college athlete.*****

A couple days afterward, I headed off to Kansas City for the first of three Vanbros "bootcamps."  January 29, 30, and 31st was reserved for spending  time with my beautiful Vanbros sisters, pictured down the left of the screen ;)

I left a day early because of the bad weather in Oklahoma City to be safe. (You can never be too careful when you have a six hour drive to defeat in the snow) 

....Since I was in town early, I was allowed to relax and do a little shopping at Oak  Park Mall.  While I was there, I managed to snag that killer black blazer you see me wearing in these photos. ;) ...Later, I made my way to Borders to grab a hot chocolate and do some reading.  I love the atmosphere and vibe of bookstores.

....The next day we met with Jen briefly to work on our Miss USA profiles. (Unfortunately for me, there were some glitches on the main page and everything we worked on was deleted. :( ) Nonetheless, I received some great feedback.  After seeing Jen we were freed to spend time with one another. 

That night we all met at "Spin Pizza" and had a great meal. (Bethany and I were the only ones who ate pizza, though...haha ;) )  After our "pizza party," we all jetted over to Miss Kansas Teen USA's house, Olivia Harlan, for a Miss America Watch Party!! -It was an absolute blast! Nebraska, Arkansas, and Oklahoma made the top 15 so we were proud of our states. ;)  Mrs. Harlan made us an incredible apple dessert and coffee as we enjoyed the show.  She had a BEAUTIFUL home and could not have been more hospitable.

The next morning we had our photo shoots for the Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas websites.  It was a fast paced day, but we had a lot of fun in the process. 
...I got up extra early to stop by Panera and purchase some bagels and cream cheese for the ladies and the staff for breakfast.  I knew it was going to be a long day for everyone, so a carb-loaded breakfast was essential. ;)  There were also some homemade chocolate chip cookies at hand, and some delicious trail mix to munch on...

During our shoot, we had to face the freezing cold weather outside!!! (There was even snow on the ground! ha)  However, we all bravely fought through it knowing the end result would be nothing short of fantastic, and it was!

We also had the pleasure of meeting some awesome people in the process, including Lisa Proctor, makeup extraordinaire, and the fabulous Bryan Wood, who assisted her. Also to help was our titleholder prize package hair stylist, Kitch.

And of course, all of the photo credits go to the one and only, Will Patterson!  -Thank you, Will for all of your hard work.

Feel free to check out Lisa and Will's websites. They are both truly talented people. 

Lisa Proctor - Makeup - http://www.lisaproctor.com/
Will Patterson - Photography - http://www.willpatterson.com/  
 
I hope you enjoy the photos above and below!  Have a terrific week and God bless. :) 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment